In 2022, the Global Electric Vehicles and Fuel Cell Vehicles Market was estimated to be valued at USD 816.5 Billion. The growth rate of the Global Electric Vehicles and Fuel Cell Vehicles Market is 25.0%, with an estimated value of USD 2491.0 Billion by 2027.
In the overall E.V. market, e-scooters have the largest share in unit sales. However, the passenger E.V. segment holds the highest revenue share among all the E.V. segments. Considering this, we present to you the Top 10 e-mobility startups worldwide.
1. Rivian- Rivian is an electric vehicle manufacturer that works to offset the carbon footprint.
- Founded Date- 2009
- Founders- Robert J. Scaringe
- Funding amount – USD 10.7 billion
- Based in – Michigan, U.S.
Rivian operates as an automotive technology company that develops products and services to advance the shift to sustainable mobility. It also manufactures autonomous electric vehicles that offer a comfortable and eco-friendly drive experience. Robert J. Scaringe founded Rivian in Plymouth, Minnesota, in 2009.
2. Nio – NIO is an automotive company that designs and develops autonomous electric vehicles.
- Founded Date- 2014
- Founders- Jack Cheng, Lihong Qin, William Li
- Funding amount -USD 5.4 Billion
- Based in – Shanghai, China
The company is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. NIO designs, jointly manufacture and sells smart and connected premium electric vehicles. It drives innovations in next-generation technologies, connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence.
3. W.M. Motor- W.M. Motor is an automotive company that designs, manufactures, develops, and markets battery-operated electric vehicles.
- Founded Date- 2015
- Founders Bin Lu, Hui Shen, Ligang Du
- Funding amount- USD 5.3 billion
- Based in – Shanghai, China
The China-based company provides energy vehicle products and travel solutions to its customers. W.M. Motor’s products are built with three core technologies, the Living Motion electric powertrain, the Living Pilot intelligent driving assistance system, and the Living Engine operating system. They offer industry-leading smart connectivity and interactive features.
4. Wayve- Wayve uses deep end-to-end learning to develop artificial intelligence capable of complex driving.
- Founded Date- 2017
- Founders- Alex Kendall, Amar Shah
- Funding amount – USD 456.6 million
- Based in – England, U.K
It develops a full autonomous driving system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Wayve operates a fleet of electric vehicles for independent operation and technology development. It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
5. Ather Energy- Ather Energy is a manufacturer of electric scooters.
- Founded Date- 2013
- Founders- Swapnil Jain, Tarun Mehta
- Funding- USD 286.8 million
- Based in – Bangalore, India
Ather Energy is a manufacturer of electric scooters and an electric vehicle charging network called AtherGrid. It focuses on building a complete ecosystem for India’s electric vehicles, powered by indigenous design and all locally manufactured. It is also included in the list of emerging unicorns.
6. Tevva- Tevva is a technology company and truck manufacturer specializing in zero-emission Battery Electric and H2FC range-extended vehicles.
- Founded Date- 2012
- Founders- Asher Bennett
- Funding amount- USD 173.6 million
- Based in – The UK
Tevva is a British technology company and truck manufacturer best known for its zero-emission Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and hydrogen fuel cell range-extended vehicles. It was acquired by TLG capital management.
7. Wallbox- Wallbox designs, develops and manufactures intelligent energy solutions.
- Founded Date 2015
- Founders- Eduard Castañeda Mañé, Enric Asunción
- Funding amount – USD 167. 5 million
- Based in – Barcelona, Spain
Wallbox is on a mission to change how the world uses energy in the electric vehicle industry. Wallbox creates intelligent charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building and charger. The company employs more than 500 people in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
8. NAVYA- NAVYA is a leading French name in the autonomous vehicle market and smart shared mobility solutions.
- Founded Date Jun 4, 2014
- Founders Christophe Sapet
- Funding amount- USD 109.1 million
- Based in – Paris, France
NAVYA develops, manufactures and commercializes autonomous, driverless, and electric vehicles. It has more than 200 employees in France (Paris and Lyon) and the United States (Michigan). Since 2015, NAVYA has been the first to market and provide autonomous mobility solutions, shuttles and cabs.
9. Greenway- It is the leading electric vehicle charging service provider in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Founded Date- Jan 1, 2011
- Founders- Aaron Fishbone, Juraj Ulehla, Peter Badik
- Funding amount – EUR 85 million
- Based in – Poland
Greenway Infrastructure is dedicated to making electric vehicles the realistic and preferred transportation option for everyone.
The company has two main categories of customers – E.V. drivers and those who want to install charging infrastructure on their property. Targeted drivers are E.V. owners in Slovakia, Poland, neighbouring countries, and those driving through.
10.SparkCharge– SparkCharge is an automotive company that offers electric vehicles, mobile and convenient charging stations.
- Founded Date- 2017
- Founders Christopher Ellis, Joshua Aviv, Richard Whitney
- Funding amount – USD 49.6 million
- Based in – Massachusetts, U.S.
The company has 50+ years Of industry experience and 20+ industry awards. It is the first company to create an EV charging system and network, single-handedly creating Charging-as-a-Service (CaaS). They have serviced hundreds of EV owners and delivered over 112,000 miles of range since launching in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, and Dallas.
The startups have been ranked in accordance with the funds raised so far. They have come into existence after 2009. Startups from different countries are included in the article in order to provide diversified information.
To explore such startups, visit Zefyron Startup Database.
For more extensive analysis and Market Intelligence reports, feel free to approach us.
We try our best to fact-check and bring well-researched as well as non-plagiarized content to you. Please let us know
if there are any discrepancies in any of our published stories,
-how we can improve,
-what stories you would like us to cover
–what information you are looking for, in the comments section below or through our contact form! We look forward to your feedback, and thank you for stopping by!