MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Greece, a chapter of the global entrepreneurial network inspired by and affiliated with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), one of the world’s top technology universities has opened applications for its Startup Competition 2021.
The MIT Enterprise Forum Greece is being organized for the 7th consecutive year. The MITEF Greece Startup Competition 2021 is aimed at dynamic development, quality improvement, and international interconnection of Greek startups and business groups and innovators in the field of Technology. The flagship and leading acceleration program in Greece has been running for the past six consecutive years. It is designed to help early-stage entrepreneurs transform their ideas into world-changing companies.
The platform provides participants an unique opportunity to grow their business skills and global network through a series of carefully designed workshops by local and international partners, mentoring sessions, and networking events. Participants get an opportunity to acquire the necessary know-how through the development of their business skills workshops and receive practical mentoring from professionals of international recognition and prestige, both in Greece and abroad. The winners get to win prizes and support services.
The competition runs 3 specialty tracks – ‘General’, ‘Energy’ and ‘Maritime’. Entrepreneurs can apply to the track that better fits their targeted vertical market.
- General Track: The “General Track” is designed to help ventures in fields such as biotech and life sciences, hardware, software, web applications, the internet of things, nanotechnology, telecommunications, and more.
- Energy Track: The “Energy Track” is designed to attract ventures in fields such as decarbonization technologies in oil refineries, digitalization in refining, next-generation biofuels, energy storage, renewable energy sources, alternative liquid fuels for lower GHG emissions, and electromobility. Greek Petroleum is the exclusive sponsor of the theme ‘Energy Track’.
- Maritime Track: The “Maritime Track” is designed to help ventures in fields such as AI and big data applications, shipping and port-call optimization tools, data sharing and data transparency platforms, blockchain applications in supply chain and logistics, technologies for a sustainable ocean, and more.
Some of the basic eligibility criteria for applicants are:
All participating teams must –
· Be technology-oriented ventures.
· Have a working prototype for a product or service.
· Be incorporated into companies or teams planning to incorporate soon.
· Companies or teams should have at least two founding team members, with a maximum of six individuals.
· All participating team members must be at least 18 years old.
· If a startup company is incorporated, the company must have been incorporated less than 4 years ago by the end of the application period.
· If a startup venture was previously funded, it must have been funded no more than US$ 1,200,000.
This year’s competition “MITEF Greece Startup Competition 2021” will be held online. The application platform is open till Sunday, December 27, 2020, for those interested to submit their application electronically. Startups will be selected on January 25, 2021 and the program will start on February 4, 2021, in Athens, Greece.
We try our best to fact check and bring the best, well-researched and non-plagiarized content to you. Please let us know
-if there are any discrepancies in any of our published stories,
-how we can improve,
-what stories you would like us to cover and what information you are looking for, in the comments section below or through our contact form! We look forward to your feedback and thank you for stopping by!